So many stones are thrown at me
that I no longer cower,
the turret’s cage is shapely,
high among high towers.
My thanks, to its builders,
may they escape pain and woe,
here, I see suns rise earlier,
here, their last splendours glow.
And often winds from northern seas
fill the windows of my sanctuary,
and a dove eats corn from my palm…
and divinely light and calm,
the Muse’s sunburnt hand’s at play,
finishing my unfinished page.
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Diego Rivera – The Flower Carrier
- Torvill & Dean - 1984 Olympics Sarajevo, Yugoslavia - Bolero
- William Blake and Bertolt Brecht: "Without Contraries is no progression"
- Balkh, Afghanistan – Masjid-i No Gumbad (Noh Gumbad, Nuh Gunbad, Nu Gumbad)
- Thomas Hardy Tess of the d'Urbervilles - Human morality and the laws of Nature
- Odlika nordijskih premijera je da ne daju šovinističke izjave! #Milanovic #Bizant 1 hour ago
- Kakav šovinizam!!! >Tko hoće na Bizant, neka ide na Bizant', rekao je Milanović. bit.ly/10Tq3H3 Vidi: Bizant bit.ly/10TqaCt 1 hour ago
- RT @DanHannanMEP: You can't have a democracy without a demos. 57% of Britons don't know that they elect MEPs: bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politi… 1 hour ago
- 316,946 hits