So many stones are thrown at me
that I no longer cower,
the turret’s cage is shapely,
high among high towers.
My thanks, to its builders,
may they escape pain and woe,
here, I see suns rise earlier,
here, their last splendours glow.
And often winds from northern seas
fill the windows of my sanctuary,
and a dove eats corn from my palm…
and divinely light and calm,
the Muse’s sunburnt hand’s at play,
finishing my unfinished page.
May 2013 M T W T F S S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Diego Rivera – The Flower Carrier
- Torvill & Dean - 1984 Olympics Sarajevo, Yugoslavia - Bolero
- Thomas Hardy Tess of the d'Urbervilles - Human morality and the laws of Nature
- Balkh, Afghanistan – Masjid-i No Gumbad (Noh Gumbad, Nuh Gunbad, Nu Gumbad)
- Gáspár Miklos Tamás:‘To be free is not to be myself’
- @ClassicBookworm Her grandchildren ruled all over Europe. From Germany to Russia. Until 1914 and the Great war! 1 hour ago
- @ClassicBookworm I got into it only now, after I read biography of Queen Victoria. Then I started reading about her children. 1 hour ago
- @ClassicBookworm Yes, we were all crazy about it! Lavishing costumes! 1 hour ago
- 316,951 hits